Monday, February 09, 2004

Day 6 - Time to take some of my own medicine

An email response to a fellow New Warrior, about to get married, change jobs and frustrated with the less than reactive men in his mens group:

If there's one thing I'll offer you it is that my mens group experience (post the first 8 weeks) has been incredibly varied. Some weeks I walked out thinking what a fucking waste of my time and everyone else's time. Other days I have felt more alive that I ever believed possible.

For me it's what separates: those who stick it through, shit times and all; those who want the quick fixes and leave when they don't get it every week.

I trust you are a man who sticks it through.

My mentor told me last week his definition of love: Accepting and blessing another just as they are - no changes necessary. The challenge for me of staying with a man who can't see his way out from the midst of the woods, is a call to bear arms for love.

And love is the only thing worth sticking out or fighting for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home