Thursday, January 22, 2004

Prayer

Martin asked me: "How would each of the gods in you smoke?".

Apollo
Disdainfully.
Apollo in me smokes to gain detachment. When challenged to battle in the Trojan war by Poseidon, Apollo declined to fight over mere mortals. The Apollo in me smokes to avoid conflict. Apollo also thinks that smoking helps me think. See Limiting Self Beliefs below.

Hermes
Socially, Extravagantly.
Hermes likes the social club of smoking. He likes the transformational symbolism of the fire and smoke. He also thinks that he is immune from the effects, he tricks himself and me into believing that somehow I'd get away with smoking and never die.

Hades
Needily, Secretly, depressively.
Hades is smoking when I smoke because I am tired, hungry or lonely. Hades carries the belief that I deserve to die, that I am not worthy of life. Hades also wants the cigarette that gives me a spare moment to go inwards and find my centre.

Martin continued, "Your challenge is to find a way of meeting the needs of these Gods without smoking. Find a way of honouring what they strive for in you, but in a healthy way."

Apollo
Whenever you want it and only when it serves me more to be outside a conflict than inside it, I will take a step away. I will enjoy with you the detachment of a walk, and the cool moment to recollect my thoughts and make plans. I will do this without smoking. This is my commitment to you.

Hermes
Whenever I or you need company, I make three attempts to connect with a friend, acquaintance or stranger. I will not go alone. I will do this without smoking. This is my commitment to you.

Hades
Whenever you call me to seek soulful reflection and meditation, I will make space in my life for it. I know that you will bless me with the gifts of plenty that come to a man who is willing to look into his darkness. I will do this with a fierce love and compassion for you and for me, and without smoking. This is my commitment to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home