Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Day 10 - Pastures New

So this is how far I got on my previous quit - New Years 2004, 9 days quit.

The last 9 days have been easier than I expected (or at least easier than last time). Today is harder. Today is newish territory.

I'm trying to recall the longest quit I had in the midst of my 14 years of smoking. I believe it must have been in the begining of 2000, when I quit for about three months. So 100 days smoke-free will be a major milestone for me when I get there (note when not if).

Actually, each day is a major milestone, and I'm so glad I got this far.

Last night I went to my men's group. The work gets very emotional and intense, and afterwards I usually crave a cigarette (cue more stuffing of emotions). Despite the temptation of a friend offering me a cigarette, I came home smoke free. I'm proud of that.

This morning I was standing in the lift when an attractive woman stepped in. The attraction lasted for the half a second before her "eau de Winifield" hit me.

I had the smoking dream experience a couple of nights back. In the dream I decided to go smoke. I struggled, and then bought a packet. Then I realised I'd made a mistake, and chose not to smoke them. I looked for someone to sell the cigarettes too, and found some dodgy looking guys drinking beer outside a pub. They looked uninterested, but one of them bought the pack off me for $2, which I figured was a fair price.

So today is hard, and I'm doing good, and the universe is sending lots of reminders and affirmation that I'm on track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home