Sunday, January 11, 2004

Day 6 - Fresh Air

Gym this morning. I'm hoping the nicotine receptors in my brain will covert to seratonin receptors. All that pain must be for some gain.

Later that afternoon I recalled not craving a cigarette as I left the gym - a significant milestone for me. That was one cigarette that truly encompassed the irrationality of my addiction: "I have just done something good and loving for me, now I shall reward myself with something that kills me".

Until the non-smoker truly accepts that this kind of statement is a firmly held belief and way of life for most smokers in the world, that non-smoker will never understand addiction. When I put the statement like that, I can sympathise with non-smokers for not understanding.

Went Latin dancing in the evening. The night started off slow, but soon heated up - literally (close on 30 degrees C). I'm really enjoying the SWEATY dancing - it somehow fits that I enjoy the juicy lubrication of life rather than the detachment of smoking. I also really enjoyed not craving a cigarette after every dance; and also the confidence of dancing with a girl knowing that she'd not be holding her breath to keep the bonfire smell away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home