Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Day 16 - Morning Ritual

I have restarted my morning ritual from my last quit. I got as far as day 9 last time, so I restarted this on day 10 of my current (and final) quit.

I have a large black porcelain bowl, in which I have placed objects that are sacred to me: stones, my talisman, bright threads my sister ties around my wrist once a year, pieces of jade, candles, incense, and other items. They are arranged according to the place each object has in my life. I have a box of 100 or so bright blue stones. The bowl is set in front of a mirror.

Each morning I stand in front of the bowl and look into the mirror. I thank my spirit for supporting me through the last day; I remind myself how proud I am that I did not smoke yesterday; I affirm that I love freely and that I chose not to smoke today; I repeat that I love myself unconditionally.

Then I place one of the bright blue stones into the bowl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home