Monday, September 06, 2004

After the storm

Sydney after the hailstorm
Sydney after the hailstorm, originally uploaded by incitatus.
N & S are two friends of mine from London who have also just moved to Sydney. I worked with N when I started my career, and as she's now working round the corner from me, we regularly meet up for lunch. I didn't know her partner S too well in London, but we're getting on very well now.

Sunday we went for a walk around Watsons Bay, which is where Port Jackson meets the ocean. Standing on the South Head, and looking at the city in the distance, I turned to N and said: "This really is the best city in the world." She nodded silently.

N & S gave me a lift to Darling Harbour to meet my friend R who is back in Sydney for the rest of his visa. Just at that moment a massive hailstorm broke over the city. Nice to have real weather again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home