Saturday, February 28, 2004

Passion

Friday night, I was profoundly moved by The Passion of the Christ. I still get moments of striking visual flash backs and intense feelings in my body. I've always know the story in my head and understood the theoretical implications; and now I can feel it in my heart and soul.

I can see how the film achieved this with the brilliant screenplay and cinematography. The use of colour was especially inspired, not to mention the acting and directing.

I had little time for the "good" and "evil" dichotomy represented by moments like Lucifer amongst the crowds, Jesus crushing the snake with his heel, and the crow and the thief. A sad lapse into a guilt, shaming and retributional God. Very typical of how many Christians I know will be judgmental and wrathful even as they preach the message of sacrificial love.

However, it has all been a painful and beautiful reminder that Jesus is my inspiration of unconditional love and spiritual freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home