Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Plans and Decisions

I'm going to Sydney in May 2004.

The reasons for my choice are:
1) My purpose in Brisbane, being getting a closer connection to my parents, feels complete. There is no longer a reason why I need to stay in Brisbane.
2) I want to refocus on my career. I want to be happy in a job that I believe I have a future in. The job I have been offered meets all my criteria. I can honestly say that it is the ideal job I've always wanted, with the kind of people I've always wanted to work for, doing the kind of work I've always wanted to do, in the right kind of environment, for a fair reward for my skills and talents.
3) I do not want to return to the UK. I am enjoying life in Australia, and I want to stay here.
4) There is a men's group in Sydney for me to join now, and hence the support structure I need to keep healthy.
5) Other important aspects of my life, such as my personal growth work, my weight training, my kendo and my Latin dancing can all be supported (and indeed enhanced) in Sydney.
6) I actually need to leave home again. This time on my terms. It's growing up all over again.

Whilst K is also in Sydney, she is not a reason for me to move there, but an attraction and a divine invitation to Sydney. If she was not there, I would still go. I thank the universe for putting her there.

By leaving Brisbane I accept that I will no longer have:
1) Close proximity to my parents and my sister.
2) My parents taking care of me (which is catch up for me leaving home at the age of 10 and not coming back for 19 years).
3) The beautiful house my parents have built.
4) Close proximity to my best friends and my current men's group.
5) Close proximity to my dancing friends.
6) The relaxed, unpolluted, and vibrant city life.
7) The financial stability I have found here.

In making this choice I also resolve to:
1) Visit Brisbane at least once a month for three months, then twice for the following three months. On each visit I will ensure that I meet up with my best friends and my parents and sister.
2) Join the Sydney men's group as soon as I arrive and attend meetings regularly.
3) Find a quiet but central place to stay on my own, which I will furnish in a minimal and austere fashion. I will gift myself the living space I have always wanted.
4) Join a Latin dance class within three weeks of arriving.
5) Join a gym/personal trainer three weeks of arriving.
6) Be diligent and creative in my financial affairs.
7) By June 2005 find a psychology or counseling course I can study on a part time basis.

This is my best decision based on all that I am reasonably able to know and discern at this time. If in retrospect it turns out that this is not a wise decision, I will none-the-less bless my choice. I thank the universe for making my choices this straightforward. I ask for a blessing in this new endeavor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home