Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Day 3

I'm more relaxed today, and the cravings have abated. I'm also realising I'm getting behind on work, and I need to refocus.

Completely independent of the Sydney opportunity, my current employer wants to discuss a new position with me. I want to hear what they have to say, and I know they won't change my mind. It's a tough line to walk, as potentially my current employer would be a client of mine in the new job. I want to be clear with them without burning any bridges.

I've been asked by a number of people what job I actually do.

I'm a financial mathematician. I use mathematics, statistics, economics and computer modelling to analyse complex financial problems, usually within the insurance or banking industry, and provide clear business advice on the risks and rewards of different strategic options.

So yes, it's a nerdy job, it's well paid, and I really enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home