Monday, March 29, 2004

Day 24 - Yearning

Autumn is a second spring where each leaf is a flower. - Albert Camus

And maybe one of the reasons I didn't arrive at the course as much as I could have was because my heart was with RCG.

We spent a lot of time talking on the phone, and I'm so glad that has worked out. I don't usually do phone very well, and whilst I'm not wanting to plan, it's good to know that one of the basics to long distance relationship is in place.

Highlights:

- RCG has started warming up her mum to the possibility of her moving to Sydney. Her mum instantly forbade it. All in good time, but I'm glad she's thinking of it.

- Her friends calling me "The Boy" and teasing her for how excited she got when I called.

- Telling her that all she needs to unpack is her bed (she was moving house).

- In saying how much I wish we were together at the weekend, I unconsciously implied that she should go to workshops with me, and then lost mobile phone reception before I could clarify that.

When I got reception again hours later, she had already texted me back: "I believe personal development can be achieved through countless means and processes. If I find I'm not partial to guided workshops style it only means we'll have to be creative in finding other ways to grow together."

I called her up and said "I have no expectations or assumptions on whatever personal work you chose to do or not to do. To me you are perfect as you are, and if you do change or don't change I will welcome all of that."

I'm really glad: we had a conflict and we resolved it quickly; she defended herself so cleanly; and I really meant what I said - a taste of unconditional love.

Although I'm back in town now, she's away in Mackay on work, and I won't see her till Friday. It will take spiritual practice to get me through my physical yearning for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home