Monday, February 16, 2004

Day 1- Whatever gets the job done

The job offer has come through, and it looks good:

"We have not bothered much with titles [...] Essentially, the position we offer would be referred to as a senior consultant, or something like that. [...] We have a corporate commitment that our workplace should provide fulfilment to our staff without sterilising their lives. [...] We have completely flexible working hours - whatever gets the job done. "

The salary is OK: the increase in my basic will just about cover the estimated increase in my rent compared to Brisbane, and the potential bonus and equity plans are generous.

Parents are supportive, dad more so than mum:
"How will you manage your washing?" The fact that I lived on my own for 18 years is of course not relevant at this point.

"Oh, I'll just post them to you and you can post them back when you've done them."

We laughed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home